Show your support for a good cause! Join your favorite 103 JAMZ Personalities for a day of giving the gift of life!
Bring a friend or family member with you when you donate blood at the American Red Cross Blood Donor Center
Pembroke Mall (near Target)
Walk-ins are welcome, but to make an appointment, follow these steps…
· Go to Redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS
· Blue Box at the top right which says make an appointment-click on this
· Enter the sponsor code- Pembroke Mall, make appointment from there
- Every 2 seconds, someone in the United States needs blood.
- Type O- is ONLY 7% of the population and is the ONLY blood type that can be given to anyone of any blood type. Blood Type O is the universal donor.
- Type O is the MOST requested type by hospitals.
- Blood is used to help premature infants, people battling sickle cell anemia, cancer and leukemia patients, accident victims and the list goes on and on.
- One pint can help save up to three lives!
- Summer is a difficult time of year for blood donations. With more people traveling and taking vacations, the blood supply feels that dip.
- 19% of the donor base in our area is made up of high school and college students.
- You can donate blood every 56 days, 6 times a year!
- Blood donors are heroes! Too few people do it!
- Bring a friend or family member with you to donate blood.